Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Jonathan Day 298

I'd like to say that today felt different than two days ago, but it didn't.  JH was our son from the moment we met him July 14th of 2010 and he called us Daddy and Da Da.  We fell in love with him almost immediately and hurt when he cried for us as Sherry pulled away.   This was bigger than us and so meant to happen.  Jonathan would not be with us if my sister Jo hadn't believed more than we did that he was meant to be with us, thank you Jo!

This picture is one take on July 14, 2010



JH stayed home today and he and Da Da spent the majority of the day working in the yard while I "work worked".  After my last meeting I went out and collected JH from Da Da's lap cutting the lawn.  He was just sitting on the tractor with that "we have a job to do here!" look.

We all had showers and baths and then dinner.  JH is sitting with Da Da watching Wonder Pets and laughing at the silly things Da Da is saying.  Who would have known that Jonathan Harper would have been such an amazing life change and more importantly, such a gift!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, you guys! Just wanted to say that and to add that we still read every day. I'm sad that there's only a little more than 2 months left. It had been amazing to watch you guys adjust to this and is so great to see, being someone who is also having a new-parent-to-a-little-one adjustment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet thing for you to say about me. Thank you!! I will add that I never in my wildest dreams expected to love this child the way I do. Oh, I knew I loved him and he was a little love but truly NOT to the extent it is!! And Daddy and Dada have also exceeded way above what I ever imagined, the parents I thought they would be. I never doubted it was meant to be. I never doubted he would have an amazing life...I knew Jon and Rick would be outstanding parents...but take what I thought I knew and intensify it by millions...Not only is JH lucky and Daddy and Dada lucky...everyone who has this family in their life is lucky!! I love you all more then you know!!

    ReplyDelete