Monday, June 20, 2011

Jonathan Day 331

For some odd reason we all slept until 8:00 AM this morning.  I think our 1st Fathers Day was exhausting for all of us.

Da Da and JH knocked around the house this morning because it was pouring outside.  They spent several hours in the basement making a ruckus and tearing the place apart.  I went down in the afternoon to put a load of laundry in and it looked like a bomb went off.

In the afternoon the sun came out and Da Da dressed JH in his worst outdoor clothes and off the went.  In 5 minutes he was covered from the waist down in mud and mulch.  I heard Da Da yelling every few minutes "Jonathan, come on, lets go this way".  I was caught-up with work and finished my last meeting so I went out to rescue Da Da.  JH sat with me on the front porch for a few minutes and when he wanted to jump back in the mud I took him in for a bath.  He played for about 45 minutes and then Da Da came in for his shower.  They dressed and then went to the park.

Seemed like a few hours later and I heard JH singing while walking up the back steps; "Itzy bitzy SPIDER"....
I made dinner and sitting nice just didn't work tonight.  He was wiggling all over while laying with me and beaned me in the eye with a flailing little hand.  He was tired and so were we so Jonathan Harper was in bed by 6:10 PM this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment