Saturday, June 18, 2011

Jonathan Day 329

A chip clip and a cheap thin towel make a great cape with a hood.


Today is Saturday and why Da Da and I thought we would be able to sleep n I'll never know!  JH started fussing at 5:30 AM and Da Da moaned that it was my turn, he had been up three times during the night.  I had no clue and slept like a baby until he nudged me.  I walked in and asked JH what the problem was and he said he had to potty.  Interesting because is pull-up weighed about two pounds.  After he dribbled I put Thomas on and hoped to return to my blissful sleep; didn't happen.  I started thinking and 5 minutes later I turned on the coffee.

I made scrambled eggs with turkey and cheese and toast for breakfast.  JH ate all his and then started picking off our plates.  I guess missing dinner last night left his belly a little empty. After breakfast we all went out and finished about 50% of the remaining mulch spreading.  It was backbreaking and having JH there to help surprisingly didn't really help :-)  Though he did help Da Da drive the tractor.

My Niece Sidney was having a graduation party in the Chicago suburbs so we decided the mulch could wait and cleaned-up and jumped in the car.  We removed Jonathan's video player a few weeks ago so we're all talking so much more when driving.  Two hours later and an Aleve each for Da Da and Daddy and we were there.  It was nice to see JH play with all the kids and get to meet some new people.  My Ex-Brother-in-law Doug was there with his wife Janet and I was really happy they got to meet Jonathan  Doug was my Brother-in-law for so long (I was about 12 when he and Jo married) that I was proud to be a daddy in front of him.  He and Jo were such great parents and probably did a little parenting on me too.

We left in the late afternoon and drove to IKEA to get a few party items for the big birthday bash next week.  JH walked nice with us the entire store and was a really good boy.  He said a few times that he was having fun.  On the remaining drive he started singing some song that we have never heard and I'm not sure there were even real words.  I have a terrible voice and would rather be flayed than to sing in front of people, I don't think it helped that my Mom used to tell me as a kid to STOP SINGING!  I want JH to sing his little heart out and not be ashamed of expressing himself in a positive way.

Dinner happened pretty late tonight so JH just went to bed 10 minutes ago.  Da Da was helping him get his PJs on and JH did something like put his leg in the wrong hole and said "Oh, sorry Scoop"; where does he get these sayings?  Who the heck is Scoop and where did he hear that?

I love being a Daddy!

1 comment:

  1. I was so happy to see you guys!! It was such a great surprise! JH really loved being with his cousins! And yes, I know you enjoyed seeing Doug. He really was/is a great Dad...I would like to think that no matter what has ever happened between us we can both look at our boys and say we sure did our best with them and both sure love them. I am very proud of both of them!! :-)

    Can't wait to see you all at JH's party this Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete