Sunday, July 24, 2011

Jonathan Day 365

Dearest Jonathan Harper,

Daddy and Da Da start this letter to you where we started our life with you.  Ironically, we are at Gramma and Grandpa's house like we were 365 days ago when we picked you up.  We are here because your Great Gramma Junker is close to leaving us and Da Da needed to be here to  say his final goodbye.

We were two pretty frightened new parents when we picked you up from Aunt Sherry's house on July 24th, 2010.  You were happy and silly and excited to cram in to our very small car to start our life together.  I think I pulled every muscle in my back and neck wrapping myself around the seat to watch you and talk endlessly to keep you occupied.

Da Da and I loved you the day we met you on July 14, 2010.  We cried when you left and you held your arms out saying "I want Da Da and Daddy".  I think it was that same day we emptied my office and Da Da started painting your room for your arrival.  We started shopping for cabinet locks, baby gates, and just about every item in the baby department of Walmart.

We wrote this blog so you can read and see how you changed our lives.  You my son, are the most wonderful thing that has ever happened to me (us).  We love you so much and look forward to each day that you continue to develop in to an amazing person.

You have so many people that love you and have supported us as a family.  If I tried to name them here I fear I would forget to mention someone, so read the blog, read the comments, and appreciate the people in your life.

Love your Daddy and Da Da

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary to all three of you! There are services out there that will make a book of your blog, you should pursue that and make a hard copy JH can share with his grandchildren some day. At the worst, back it up to CD/DVD and put it in your safe deposit box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Sweet Jonathan Harper,

    You were always meant to be with us all. You changed so many lives without even trying. If you are a grown man reading this one day then please know....The love you have brought out in me doesn't happen every day. Your Auntie Jojo can not think abut you without smiling. My heart aches when I know I won't see you for weeks.

    You are smart, fun, lovable and loved!! Your Daddy and Dada live every day with you being number 1 in their lives....If ever in your life you feel alone or feel unloved...please refer to this blog...and know how many lives you have touched!

    Jon and Rick...I have seen first hand how you parent. You have the most amazing instincts. You impress me each and every time we are together. It is no accident JH is the child he is!

    You are 3 of my favorite people in the universe!!

    All my love...Jo (Auntie Jojo)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't believe it's been a year!

    We have loved watching you guys day-to-day and continue to look forward to reading about your adventures (parenting is an adventure if I ever knew one).

    Our prayers are also with Rick and Grandma Junker during this time.

    ReplyDelete