Monday, July 4, 2011

Jonathan Day 345

Today was a good day!

We all slept in a bit longer than usual. Our neighbors were lighting off fireworks and singing VERY bad karaoke last night till 3:15 a.m.

I was the first to get up and started doing a bit of laundry left over from vacation. When I walked up JH must have woke Daddy up because they were both up in full swing. As for grandma, I think that after a week with Jonathan and the train ride up, she had nothing left in her.

With Daddy having the day off, we all drove into Mishawaka for a day of shopping. We are in search of a large wooden play set for JH, and putting all of his birthday money to a good source!

Daddy and I ran into Menards real quick to get some pricing on a play set and when I ran back to the car to get something I could tell JH was bothered. Grandma said that when Daddy and I got out of the car he cried for us and said "don't go, I want to go!" As much as that really hurt, Daddy and I smiled because we knew that we were missed and that we are loved by this special little guy.

After a day of shopping and lunch, we were pooped. JH took a nap in the car and Daddy, Grandma and myself chatted about JH, the week ahead of us and the future.

When we got home JH and grandma went to the basement to play for a bit while Daddy and I did a little yard work.

Grandma made a delicious dinner this evening, Orange Chicken.

JH is fast asleep, and the three of us are winding down for the night.

I have to say....It's great to be home, have our little guy back in our arms and to get back into our routine of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment