Saturday, July 9, 2011

Jonathan Day 350

 Only 15 more days and JonathanHarper365 will be complete.  We want to keep something that we can look back on and that Jonathan will have when he gets older so we're starting JonathanHarper52 in a few weeks.

I made blueberry pancakes for breakfast and all of us jumped in the car and drove to MI City to look at swing sets for Jonathan.  He received a good amount of money for his birthday so we're using that to buy a pretty nice cedar play set.  We just need to coordinate with Linda and Neil to have them help us pick it up since the box is so big.  They have the same station wagon that I learned to drive on in the 1970s; big enough to hold 5 kids and a swing set :-)

We all took naps after lunch and then Da Da, JH, and I went to the park.  JH wanted nothing to do with the water park part until just before we lest and he suddenly was brave.  Needless to say the car seat was drenched on the way home.  I brought a towel just in case but he wouldn't take his shirt or shorts off so he was soaked.

After we watered the garden and the yard we all went in to have dinner and JH had a turkey and cheese sandwich.   While eating he turned to me and said "would you like a bite my darling?" . . . . WTH?  Where does he come up with this stuff?  I call him my love but where my darling came from I'll never know!

I keep forgetting to mention that I'm starting to teach Jonathan sign language.  He knows and repeats:
I love you
Yes
No

Once he knows his A B C s verbally, I'll start teaching him finger spelling.

No comments:

Post a Comment