Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Jonathan Day 312


It was a long night for Da Da, It was either JH waking-up crying or me snoring and hacking.  I caught what JH had on Sunday and it's kicking my butt.  I think that there has been so much happening and the weather has been so wet that my sick defenses are weak.

Honestly, I don't recall most of the morning other than JH coming up to me laying on the sofa giving me a hug and kiss.  I remember someone saying, just wait until he tells you that he loves you!  He tells us each day that he loves us (after we tell him), but he shows it just as much.  I'm sitting in my office writing this while JH is laying on Da Da's lap under "the monkey" (faux fur blanket).  He knows he is loved and I see a big difference in his affection from even a few months ago.  I think communication helps tremendously, we have full conversations now rather than us just talking to him.

After Da Da picked him up he laid with me for a minute and then took about a 45 minute nap.  I had a meeting so rather than him waking-up while the meeting was happening Da Da got him up and with the promise of a cookie they went out and worked in the yard.  I saw JH "helping" Da Da mix concrete for the fire-pit and when I went out later he showed me where he helped.  Then he said "I'm a mess and I need a shower Daddy".

Christy writes us a note each day that includes what JH had for lunch and if/when he went potty.  Today on the back it said:
Carly asked Jonathan to move and he said "No, I'm out of batteries".  Too funny!

JH had a bath and after dinner he is quietly watching Team UmiZoomi with Da Da.

No comments:

Post a Comment